Chennai: Feb 22, 2020: Rela Institute’s Department of Cardiac Sciences today launched the institute’s Pioneering Cardiac Support Group “Rela Heart Beats”. Popular film actor, director and producer Thiru. Cheran was the chief guest of the occasion. He lauded Prof Mohamed Rela, Chairman & Managing Director, Rela Institute for the initiative and also for providing best care to patients.
An excellent initiative by the patients and for the patients, Rela Heart Beats Support Group is as varied as the people in them. It’s primarily a community of all the brave heroes who have emerged out of the heart related health difficulties and are now happy to lead a normal life and enjoy their health, family, work and other things.
Dr. Balamurali Srinivasan, Senior Consultant & Clinical Lead in the Department of Cardiac Sciences, DrRela Institute & Medical Centre, said, “An intiative for supporting patients in their rehabilitation, this platform offers a chance to all the members of support group to share their experiences in a friendly and mutually supportive environment. It provides a wide range of other benefits and connects the team together. RIMC also welcomes all other people who have undergone similar journey with free membership in our Cardiac support group.”
Dr. V Narendra Kumar, Senior Consultant, Interventional Cardiology, Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology in the Department of Cardiac Sciences said, “This gives an opportunity to make new friends and have a sense of fellowship among the people who have gone through similar life experiences. This get-together keeps them fit and updated and builds confidence back to get on life.”
Dr. Kamalakannan, Consultant, Anaesthesia & ICU in the Department of Cardiac Sciences, and Dr Ashok Kumar, Consultant Interventional Cardiology in the Department of Cardiac Sciences were present at the event.
Cardiac Support group – Privelge Card Benefits :
1. First consultation free for all specialties including Physiotherapy services
2. 25% discount on all consultations subsequently.
3. 25% discount on wound care consultations for first 6 months following cardiac procedure
4. Free anticoagulation/antiplatelet advice (by consultant or anticoagulation nurse) for first 6 moths following cardiac procedure
5. 20% discount on Radiology and Lab
6. 10% discount of OP pharmacy
7. 30% discount of MHC packages
8. In-patients- 10% discount of room rent, lab and radiology.